On this page you can find a range of resources to help you reflect more on the role of kindness in healthcare.
Papers, books and reports
- Anderson A, Brownlie J. Getting the measure of kindness – A guide for organisations
- Klaber R, Bailey S. Kindness: an underrated currency, BMJ 2019; 367: 16099
- Ballatt J, Campling P. Intelligent kindness: reforming the culture of healthcare. Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2011
- Ferguson Z. Kinder communities: the power of everyday relationships. Carnegie UK Trust, 2016.
- Unwin J. Kindness, emotions and human relationships: the blind spot in public policy. Carnegie UK Trust, 2018.
- Haskins G, Thomas M, Johri L. Kindness in leadership. Routledge, 2018.
- Berry LL, Danaher TS, Chapman RA, Awdish RLA. Role of kindness in cancer care. J Oncol Pract 2017;13:744-50
- Trzeciak S, Mazzarelli A. Compassionomics: the revolutionary scientific evidence that caring makes a difference, Studer Gr, 2019
- Thurman B. Leading with kindness: A report on the learning from the Kindness Leadership Network. Carnegie UK Trust, 2019
Podcasts and webinars
- Bob Klaber on kindness as the essence of care in the UK
- Bob Klaber, Goran Henriks and Anette Nilsson mircosystem festival re-kindling vlog
- Life support – being a compassionate colleague (Clara Munro, Ayisha Ashmore, Michael West and Bob Klaber)
These are some of the organisations that we work with or are inspired by.
- Carnegie UK – Carnegie’s purpose is better wellbeing for people in the UK and Ireland.
- Envision Kindness – aims to promote and inspire kindness, compassion, joy, and love in the pursuit of a happier, healthier, and more prosperous world for all.
- Gathering of Kindness – aims to build, nurture and instil a culture of kindness throughout the healthcare system.
- Kaleidoscope Health and Care – Kaleidoscope support us in our monthly Conversations for Kindness. Their first requirement to work with them is to be kind.
- The King’s Fund – explores the role of, and supports, leaders in creating a culture of compassion and inclusion.
- Thank and Praise – a social thanking platform that enables people to send messages of thanks and appreciation to key workers quickly, easily and securely.
- What Matters To You? – an international person-centered care movement.